Friday, December 30, 2011

My Year End "Not Really a List" List / The Top Three New To Me

*Currently listening: "Rolling In The Deep" by Adele
*Current fragrance: Chemical Bonding by Ineke (part of my gift set from "DF" & I'm quite loving it!)

With my cornbread stuffing continuing to do it's alchemical dance of flavor melding in the crock pot and the Scarborough Fair Turkey communing with Paul & Art; I sat down to read some of the "year in perfume" entries of the perfume blogs I enjoy reading. (Oh, I should mention that cooking a turkey and stuffing on a random Friday isn't exactly a normal thing. With the Grand Southern Tour the husband and I traditionally do during the holiday season, we're having "Christmas Dinner" with my family today.)

I feel the need to blog-ily serenede the turkey, and a legitimate excuse to serenade the bird....

Now, back to perfume...

I sat down to read some of the "End of the Year / Best of the Year" perfume blogs, and got sorta of sad that I didn't have enough under my belt to do a "real list"; but at the same time really excited about this time next year, having a full year of NDC#5 under my fingers, I'll be able to make a full "Best of / End of" listing. However, I must really be in the mood to write, so I'm going to do a quick "The Top Three New To Me" non-list list. None of these were released this year, but it's the first time I've smelled  each of these. No big long explanation, just going to say "I like them, here they are, hope you get inspired!"

1) Lipstick Rose from Editions de Parfums Frederic Malle - Upon first hearing about this scent I desperately wanted to love it! Retro and roses? SIGN ME UP! I think I was at Barney's two days later sampling it! This is evenly tied w/ the next fragrance I'll be buying a big bottle of. I just need to have both on my skin before I make a decision which will happen. (or which will happen...first)

2) Liaisons Dangereuses by By Kilian - Reading the perfumers formula, it's pretty much a no brain-er why I love this one. It appeals to the coconut and blankcurrant lover in me. I've got a tiny sample vial in toiletry bag, as I've already decided that this is my fragrance New Years Eve! You think this and feather eye-lashes are too much for NYE in SETX?



Also, every time I think of the fragrance, I think of this song from the Great Expectations soundtrack (You know, the late '90's version with Gwyneth Paltrow.):


3) Eau de Pamplemousse Rose by Hermes - I don't think this is something I would every wear. I ran across it as I was looking for something daytime for the husband & he rejected it as being "too girly". I regifted it to another displaced southerner, APP to much delight. I like the fragrance, I just find it a bit too light and airy for me. Yet - nonetheless, it makes me smile!

I hope you enjoyed my end of year non-list list! I'm looking forward to 2012 & the first full year of No Disassemble Charlie No. 5. I have LOTS of ideas!

Also, please don't forget to enter the year end giveaway! You have up until Jan. 2nd. to somehow let me know you want to be put in the draw for a samples of the following four fragrances: Frankincense Myrrh Rose Maroc (Regina Harris), Myrrhe Ardente (Annick Goutal), Passage d'Enfer (L'Artisan) & Piment Brulant (L'Artisan).

**Disclosure: The samples were all purchased by me from Lucky Scent.

*Currently listening: "Hurricane Jane" by Black Kids

No comments:

Post a Comment