Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Fragrance Funny + A View Fit For A Cat

*Currently Listening: The Today Show on the TV.
*Current Fragrance: Florence by Tocca

After taking a blogging break on Thursday, I blogged all through the weekend...but with two good reasons: 1) The South Carolina edition of The Perfumed Primary Project. 2) The husband and I will be traveling to NYC this late Thursday - Sunday to visit our dear friends Bartles and James. I really do wish those we're their real names, but they're not! The lap top is not going, and neither is the iPad. Yep, totally expecting some withdrawal symptoms. I'll have my iPhone though, so it's not like I'll be living in Precambrian times... (And yes. There WILL be perfume shopping.)

Since I've been particularly "bloggy" the past few days, I thought I'd take a little break with some Natalie Dee humor. I've loved Natalie Dee since spending time in the computer lab near the end of my undergrad. I ran across this link when I was reading through an entry of Glass Petal Smoke.

So now, I give you . . . Natalie Dee's Periodic Table of Smellements!!

I don't have to be at work until 4pm today, and it's just one of those mornings where I don't want to leave the comfort of my bed for a good long time. The husband handed me my laptop and cellphone before leaving for work...I later stumbled from bed to turn the TV to The Today Show to watch the Oscar nominations, light a candle, grab some caffeine, grab the book I'm reading and crack the blind on the window that's closest to the bed.

I love watching people with their goings on in the morning on my street. It's relatively quiet, but does get some pretty good foot traffic. At the top, you can catch a bus, at the bottom of my block one train, and at yet another train where the street officially ends. Also, traffic uses the street as a cut through to avoid a particularly annoying traffic light... But yes, my street actually IS quiet! (Except when the firehouse uses it as a cut through for their trucks...)

I enjoy the morning light, and the people bustling from here to there with their coffee in hand...so much so in fact, I was going to post a picture of my view - but from a "Ummm...Kathleen, there are CRAZY stalkers in the world" perspective, I decided it was a bad idea. Instead, you get my kitty Ezra watching the world go by.

I'm feeling the need for a little extra kitty love this morning...so more pictures. (These will, at the very least make my Mom happy.) "Hi Mom! The grand-kitties say hi!"

Human watching is hard work. You weren't about to read this were you Mom? It makes a good pillow. *zzzzzzzzz........*
*Currently Listening: Local News

No comments:

Post a Comment