Saturday, January 21, 2012

Perfumed Primary Project: South Carolina (Fan di Fendi)

*Currently Listening: "I Got Nothin'" by Darius Rucker
*Current Fragrance: Fan di Fendi


Happy Saturday, snowy Saturday!

It's G.O.P. Primary day in the Palmetto State, which marks my first "real" entry for No Disassemble Charlie No. 5's "Perfumed Primary Project." Looking for a perfume that I either had or could quickly get a sample of w/ notes of SC's state flower, Yellow Jessamine, didn't exactly leave me many options. (For some super nerdy reading on why the Yellow Jessamine is South Carolina's state flower; click here and have at it!)

Yellow Jessamine
Gelsemium sempervirens
For South Carolina's Yellow Jessamine, I decided to go with Fendi's, well...Fan di Fendi (I honestly did have that many options). Sure, there are TONS of jasmine fragrances, but I was trying to play by the rules and choose a scent with a yellow jasmine note somewhere in the mix. Fan di Fendi touts itself as "a fresh floral on a leather base". Here's how the notes break down (as according to Fan di Fendi's website) -

Top Notes: flickers of green with green tea, Calabrian tangerine, and petit grain from the Sicilian lemon tree, a vibrant zest of light

Middle Notes: ...flowers of the sun. Italian Broom absolute replaces the Damascus rose with the same femininity. The note is more solar like the Yellow jasmine accord.

Base Notes: Patchouli and the leather suede accord recalls the Cuoio Romano of Fendi creations, a supple leather with a very soft and velvety trail...

My thoughts: Here's what I jotted down...exactly -

11 am: Light yellow white spice

11:15 am: Generic but non offensive - but not really interesting...oh yeah, generic.

1:15pm: Sweet leather ---> close, CLOSE to skin; DEEEEEP sniffs.

I found Fan di Fendi to be pretty mainstream (i.e. generic). It didn't offend me in any way. To me the best part of the fragrance was the sweet leather base note that it left on my skin a little after two hours from initially spraying it. Very close and personal; and honestly after initially spraying it on me, completely unexpected!

For disclosure purposes, my sample of Fan di Fendi came from the Sephora store at the Prudential Center. What's that you say? You want the remainder of that sample sent to you? IT'S YOURS....IF you happen to be the first personal to properly fill in the blank for this South Carolina trivia question:

The walls of the American fort on Sullivan Island, in Charleston Harbor, were made of __________ logs. This was helpful in protecting the fort because the British cannonballs bounced off the logs.

While you contemplate or Google the answer, I leave you with the trailer for Shag. (The Shag is SC's state dance. See how much awesome trivia you learn from my blog!?)


*Currently Listening: "At Last" by Etta James (Rest In Peace)



No comments:

Post a Comment