Thursday, January 26, 2012

Start Spreading The News + Perfume That Photo Contest

*Currently Listening: "A Song for You" by Amy Winehouse
*Current Fragrance: "Giulietta" by Tocca

Boston's Got a Hold On Me.
Top o' the morning  my lovely No Disassemble Charlie No. 5 readers!

This is my last post until Monday. Once the husband is home from work, we are headed to NYC! Friday will be my day of fragrance shopping. I've got big plans! Diptyque, Aedes de Venustas, Bond No. 9 and the Guerlain Boutique at Bergdorf Goodman. Saturday and Sunday will be full of quality friend time with our dear friends Bartles and James. (I also will be trying to find an awesome sample to send to the equally awesome Ari from Scents of Self. I promise to be a better communicator & planner next time!!)

After years of friendship, I still can't remember - which one's Bartles & which one's James?

I have packed five small (yes that seams a tad excessive, for 3 1/2 days) close quarter friendly fragrances for the trip. Question now, which one to wear on the bus today. Thoughts, dear readers?

Pick me. Choose me . Love me. Need me!

Now - while I'm away, I'd like my blog reading mice to play.... I LOVE contests and perfuming situations that I'd never be in: so in my absence, I leave you with a little contest of the "Perfume That Photo" persuasion. I give you, this photo, of the lovely Ava Gardner...

Please submit your BEST (one entry per person please) idea via comment, facebook, OR twitter of what fragrance the lovely Ms. Gardner would be wearing in this picture. This contest will NOT be a random drawing, so go ahead - try and curry my favor! The winner, picked when I return on Monday, will receive a sample I would have procured in NYC. I'll be on the look out for some killer samples...so dazzle me with your retro-rific creativity. (Or a great Ava Gardner time travel story.)

Until Monday....Cheers, dear readers

*Currently Listening: "Tear Dry On Their Own" by Amy Winehouse
**Clearly digging Gaultier's Amy Winehouse inspired couture show. It was yesterday or the day before...?

2 comments:

  1. Hmm...

    There's just something about New York that always makes me thing "excited anticipation of the unknown" and "great things are gonna happen/my dreams are gonna come true" (maybe I watch too many movies)

    So, going solely by their descriptions I would choose either Pure Grace or Superworld Unknown.

    Pure Grace to me is like going into the city with a clean slate ready to see how you can dirty it up with scents like Boyfriend and Eau Flirt.

    Superworld Unknown is like going into the city with anticipation of the joy and beauty you will find.

    As far as the picture scent... I'll have to get back to you on that one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally plan on wearing Superworld Unknown tomorrow out shopping. I may do Boyfriend for the bus, it's totally cozy!

      Delete