Monday, October 29, 2012

Orange Blossom Cuddles: By Kilian's Love

*Current Fragrance: Love from By Kilian
*Currently Listening: Ain't That A Kick In The Head by Dean Martin

To me By Kilian's Love is Orange Blossom that has been dipped in almond extract laced agave nectar, then sprinkled with sugar then wrapped in some sort of cream colored cashmere throw. Is that enough for a blog entry? Thought not.

NO WONDER I love it: Calice Becker (one of my all time favorites) is the perfumer!!! Naturally. I hadn't really given Love too many thoughts, as I thought that is was going to be too sweet for me. How it ended up, was deliciously snuggly. Here's how it happened....

From buying my Back to Black refills earlier in the week, I was given quite a few Kilian samples that spent the week handing out in my handbag. As I was getting ready for dinner last night, and as usual running behind but with no particular fragrance in mind...I reached into the little organza bag and pulled out Love. Done. I have a scent of the evening!

I spritzed it on, and really kind of liked it. As Al and I were waiting for the train, this conversations broke out:
Me, "Hey. I'm wearing a new perfume tonight. What do you think?"
Al, "Smells really nice. What is it called?"
Me, "Love."
Al, (in typical fashion) "OK then."

I continued to fall for it's non-cloying sweetness as were went to dinner with a friend visiting from "the home land" at La Dolce Vita. Perhaps it was solely the perfume, perhaps it was the wine, or perhaps it was my deep and longstanding love for pignoli cookies...Love really hit its' stride at Modern Pastry.
And an apple caramel macaroon for good measure as well!
It seamed to attach itself to every single almond scented molecule in the joint and just bloom smell wise. (OM, NOM, NOM!) I remembering thinking to myself, "My arm smells like something I should dip in espresso!" (Oh, the things I think but just don't say out loud!!!) I do, however, go back to my original statement: By Kilian's Love is Orange Blossom that has been dipped in almond extract laced agave nectar, then sprinkled with sugar then wrapped in some sort of cream colored cashmere throw.

It smells like cuddling and sweet (early) kisses. It's subtitle is Don't Be Shy, so it makes perfect sense. Didn't really expect to like this one, but boy oh boy sis I sure like it. It's perfectly for when you want to be swaddled, but not in a sweet floral way and not a vanilla-amber sort of way.

I'm cozied up in it again today as Al and I enjoy a little Sandy based stay-cation and we watch the winds whip by.

What was the last perfume that surprised you in this way? Thought you weren't going to like it, but you ended up having a bit of a love affair with it? Also, what are your cuddle and swaddle worthy scents? Share with me in the comments.

*Currently Listening: Beyond the Sea by Kevin Spacey
**Photo Credits: My own

3 comments:

  1. My most recent didn't-expect-to-like-it scent was Pink Sugar Sensual. Just a pink fruity-floral for tweens but amazingly well done (especially for the price). I used up a sample from Sephora on days when I wanted something both simple and comforting, so when I saw a gift set at TJ Maxx I snapped it up!

    ReplyDelete